Tuesday 8 September 2020

Private Function - Irresponsible Dog Owner (I'm An) (Guest Review by Billy Ouka)



  Billy Ouka returns today to sing the praises of one of the best albums of the year. It's the latest offering from Melbourne's Private Function (https://www.facebook.com/privatefunctionmelbourne/),  their first album released through their new label deal with Damaged / Caroline Australia.

  It's not only Billy who's impressed, the band have been snowed under with gushing praise from critics worldwide including major players such as Rolling Stone, NME & Hysteria Magazine. It's also managed to top the vinyl charts so you've probably already heard it but just in case, here's Billy...

  It can be difficult sometimes to keep up with the amount of exciting new bands coming out of Australia, but Private Function should be top of the list. A perfect blend of highly catchy tunes, delivered at a breakneck speed, combining humour in the lyrics, to highlight the serious issues directly affecting them. So after a number of cracking releases the new album was highly anticipated. Whose Line Is It Anyway does not disappoint, 13 blistering tracks, each one as good as the next, from the first track, "I don't Want To make Out With You" to the final "Grabbing My Butt" it's a rock n roll classic. "Evie pt 4" a collaboration with Jade, vocalist from DickLord, mixing it up before the final barrage to the end, as it should be. Private Function would be the biggest band on the planet if there was any justice, an album that everyone needs to hear. You can get it on black or white vinyl, cassette & cd here :   https://artistfirst.com.au/collections/private-function

  If digital is your thing go here : https://privatefunction.bandcamp.com/album/whose-line-is-it-anyway

  To give you an idea of how powerful the band are, can I recommend you check out this live video for the album's opening track, I don't wanna make out with you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGjcBm4EhYY

  As for my favourite song, it keeps changing. Yesterday I was going to select Give War A Chance, tomorrow I'll no doubt be wishing I'd opted for something else but right now, I'm going with Irresponsible Dog Owner (I'm An)... 


1 comment:

  1. Tidy, apart from my spelling of "Whose Line Is It Anyway"

    ReplyDelete