Saturday 11 July 2020

PI$$ER - Nazi Rhythm (Guest Review By Ralph J Rivera)

 

  A week or so ago I was going to post a new song by Sudbury noise merchants PI$$ER (https://www.facebook.com/Pisser-Band-2173718409610186/) but I'd already featured them last year (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2019/07/pier-i-wont-repent.html) and told you the band line up, listed the other groups they were past or present members of and mentioned how they reminded me of The Cravats and I'd also seen another good review that echoed my thoughts on the new release so I kind of stuck it on the back burner. Then yesterday I noticed my friend Ralph J Rivera enthusing about the new mini album so I asked him to write a few words.

 
  This was what he came up with... 

  Once again I have to thank my friend Mick Fletcher for giving me the opportunity to review a new release from his own country! In 2019 Pi$$er released one of the surprise EP's of the year, "Wretched Life". Capturing the best elements of UK 82 Punk Rock and modern sensibilties, nothing could have prepared us for the follow up mini album! 2020's "Crushed Down To Paste" will definitely catch you by surprise. Number one - when was the last time you heard a Punk band use a saxophone as a lead instrument? I'm pretty sure we ALL love X-Ray Spex and this is in the same league as that! 7 new songs that will have you dancing around in quarantine like there's no tomorrow! Members of The Domestics and pretty much every great modern UK band are involved in this project and I for one can't wait to hear what the next release is gonna sound like. I'm gonna let Mick pick his favourite song because I LOVE every song on this EP! You NEED this music in your life right now!

If you want to be as impressed as Ralph, the album is available on vinyl from Kibou Records and there's a couple of tracks streaming :
https://kibourecords.bigcartel.com/product/pi-er-crushed-down-to-paste-mini-lp
https://kibourecords.bandcamp.com/album/pi-er-crushed-down-to-paste-preview-tracks-only 

  This is a slice of "thrashing, anti-nazi bile" and it's titled Nazi Rhythm...

DANCE TO YOUR BLUT UND BODEN BEAT 
WARPED IDEOLOGY IN EVERY MOVE 
FUCK YOU AND YOUR NAZI RHYTHM 
FUCK YOUR NAZI RHYTHM NAZI RHYTHM 
NO FUNK FOR THE MASTER RACE 
IGNORANT THROWBACK PIECE OF SHIT 
FUCK YOU AND YOUR NAZI RHYTHM 
FUCK YOUR NAZI RHYTHM 
NAZI RHYTHM 
FUCK 
YOU 
AND 
YOUR 
NAZI 
RHYTHM 
HATE BEAT…

No comments:

Post a Comment