Thursday 27 February 2020

Modern Needs - Can't Be Bothered


  Got to admit, I've not had the pleasure of hearing Modern Needs before but they've been releasing music since 2013 and I'm currently working my way through their back catalogue and wishing I'd arrived earlier to the party.

  I say they've been releasing music but maybe I should have said he's been releasing music? The 'he' in question being Vinnie Vacuum who's the ever present, holding things together backed by "whoever he's playing with at the moment." Current home is listed as San Francisco and all the music, including the rather fab new album is available here : https://modernneeds.bandcamp.com/

  The new album is called Survey Of The Animal Kingdom. It's the first new material in 3 years and it's trashy punk goodness. Think DD Owen or Erik Nervous, think KBD or Dangerhouse Records. It's timeless and cool and very good. There's a very limited number of cassettes (50) on the first pressing or you can get it digitally via the Bandcamp link.

  It's described as music that's perfect for throwing rocks at cops and killing people you hate. This is an album highlight, I was going to give you an in depth write up on it but honestly, I just Can't Be Bothered...

No comments:

Post a Comment