Sunday 12 January 2020

TRAP GIRL - Transwomen and Chokeholds



  WE ARE THE MAMAS AND PAPAS FROM HELL!

  Hailing from Los Angeles, TRAP GIRL (https://www.facebook.com/trapgirlmusic/) are a trans-punk 4 piece featuring Drew Arriola Sands (vocals), Jorges Reveles (drums), Daniel Guzman (guitars/vocals) and Gaby Beretta (bass). Forming in Sept 2014, they've been releasing angry music, dripping with vituperative attitude since their debut ep, From Diamonds To Dust. With song titles such as Dead Men Don't Rape, Protect Yourself, Not Her Body and the song I'm highlighting today you can easily work out some of the main themes that their lyrics deal with. They've also recorded a cover of the Cramps' classic New Kind Of Kick. A debut album titled The Savage Goddess was announced a while ago but has yet to materialise.

  We have however been recently treated to a new 5 track ep. Titled TransAmerican Chokehold, you can find it here : https://trapgirl.bandcamp.com/album/transamerican-chokehold. This is the lead track, it's called Transwomen And Chokeholds...

I'm getting pretty, going to the party and I'm gonna talk to the cutest boy in the room. I got my girls with me. Their gonna rock with me all night long and were gonna talk to the cutest boy in the room.

But it doesn't seem like the party is over but its over for me.
I see him walk towards me i see grab both my friends are me and i feel his cold hard grip around my neck fuck!

Transwomen and chokeholds
Your transamerica is a joke.
Transwomen and chokeholds
Your transamerica is a joke.

I was so excited to wear my brand new blouse and shoes.
I couldn't wait to see both my girls walk into my room.
were getting ready together, were riding together thru every green light
and were gonna remember this night forever.

But it doesn't seem like the party is over but its over for me.
I see him rush towards us, i see him pick up my girls right off their feet
and I feel a hard cold push into the street fuck!

Transwomen and chokeholds
Your transamerica is a joke.
Transwomen and chokeholds
Your transamerica is a joke.

Transphobia isnt an isolated incident, trans people go thru this shit everyday so you wanna step to me or one of my friends be prepared for our fire because were on the rise and were gonna fight and now you're gonna pay!

Transwomen and chokeholds
Your transamerica is a joke.
Transwomen and chokeholds
Your transamerica is a joke.

So you want us on the floor?!
Your transamerica is a joke
were gonna show up to your door!
Your transamerica is a joke!




No comments:

Post a Comment