Sunday 29 December 2019

Midnite Snaxxx - Disconnected



   I've got to be honest, I was a little surprised when I heard Slovenly Recordings were releasing the new album by Oakland California's Midnite Snaxxx. I thought the band's catchy garage stylings may have been a little on the poppy side for a label that's associated with all that's wholesomely trashy about the genre. You know what though, whoever decided to unite band and label is a blooming genius.

  The new album is titled Music Inside and it's my favourite Midnite Snaxxx release yet. Back in 2017 I was comparing them with The Ramones, Dictators and Cheap Trick (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2017/02/midnite-snaxxx-rule-world.html) and whilst those comparisons could still be considered valid, this time around there's a whole lot more variety to the album. Boasting 12 tracks, none of which gets too close to the 3 minute mark, it's a lean, energetic and inventive treat. It transcends their roots and is in my opinion more influenced by spiky post-punk than any of the illustrious bands the various members have previously graced. It's available on limited edition turquoise vinyl (100 copies), black vinyl or digital download...
https://slovenly.bandcamp.com/album/midnite-snaxxx-music-inside-lp

  This song is a good example of their new post-punk direction, it's called Disconnected...

No comments:

Post a Comment