Monday 23 September 2019

Speed Week - Into The Pit



  Speed Week are a 4 piece Melbourne punk band featuring Andy, Brad, Elliott and Ryan. I don't know much about them and their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/speedweekband/) isn't exactly a goldmine of info but I'm guessing they've not been together too long as all they've got on their Bandcamp page is March's Growing Pains/Ethical Boy single and the song you'll find at the bottom of this update.

https://speedweek.bandcamp.com/

  As I can't write much about the band to pad out this introduction I suppose I better say something about the song....

  Wow! Musically It's very decent garage influenced punk but the lyrics and the sentiment behind them strike a chord. Add the couldn't care less Aussie drawl and it elevates Speed Week up amongst numerous Down Under acts that I'll be keeping an eye on in the knowledge that there's plenty more in their tank. "I'm so sick of everything, fuck this, into the pit. I'm overworked, I'm underpaid, fuck this, into the pit. I'm so sick of everything, fuck this, into the pit." I get where you're coming from guys! Fuck those who want you to get a shitty job, fuck society, fuck capitalism, fuck being exploited, take a leap of faith and jump Into The Pit....


No comments:

Post a Comment