Saturday 20 July 2019

BOTTLEKIDS - 25 Days

 

  Don't you just hate it when you come across a new band and you click the "about" section of their Facebook profile with the intention of discovering something about them to aid with you writing a couple of introductory paragraphs in your shitty blog and all it says is A BAND FROM CHEPSTOW. Means I'm going to have to combine a spot of pointless waffle with a bit of digging but here goes....

  From Chepstow (Wales), BOTTLEKIDS (https://www.facebook.com/BOTTLEKIDSUK/) are a pop punk trio who started life as a covers band and who's first posted song appears to have been 2017's self penned Way She Goes. Not to be confused with a hard rock band of the same name from Reading, these guys line up with Joe Grogan (vocals), Jonny X Thomas (bass) and Ben Chappell (drums). They've just released their debut ep, containing 4 tracks it's self titled and is available on 7" vinyl (ltd 300 copies) and digitally :   https://bottlekidsuk.bandcamp.com/album/bottlekids

  Soundwise they're a fresh take on 90's era pop punk seemingly with influences from both the UK and US scene. It's melodious but with enough grit to avoid sounding anodyne. For a debut effort it's very polished and well produced so it's obvious they're a talented bunch. The video you'll find below is for the lead track. It's extremely catchy and reminds me somewhat of Green Day or maybe The Copyrights. It's called 25 Days...

25 DAYS AND NIGHTS AWAY FROM HOME I'M SPINNING OUT. THERE'S ALWAYS SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GO I'M GETTING HIGH ON COMING DOWN. 'COZ I'M HALF AWAKE NOT COMING 'ROUND ALL THE SIGNS ARE SO MISLEADING I CAN'T PULL MYSELF AWAY, OPEN THE SIDE DOOR I'M GETTING OUT I WANNA BE ALONE, NO PLACE TO GO. WE NAVIGATE OURSELVES AWAY BUILT OUR WORLD ON GETTING BY, MAYBE ARRIVE IN TIME TO PLAY MAYBE CRASH AND BURN AND DIE. 'COZ I'M HALF AWAKE NOT COMING 'ROUND ALL THE SIGNS ARE SO MISLEADING I CAN'T PULL MYSELF AWAY OPEN THE SIDE DOOR I'M GETTING OUT I WANNA BE ALONE, NO PLACE TO GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment