Thursday 6 June 2019

No Heart - Forever Young



  I don't think I've posted any oi music for a couple of months, maybe due to a lack of a decent release since the excellent City Miles album or maybe me just missing anything good that's come out but that changes today as I've got a belting anthem for you.

  No Heart are from Victoria, British Columbia and feature Mike (guitar/vocals), Mike Jo (guitar), Jorden (bass) and Will (drums). They've been around since 2016 and have released a single (Scum/Snake In The Grass), an album (Can't Get Out) and splits with Sabotage and The Opposition. You can check them out here : https://noheartvanisle.bandcamp.com/

  They've been quiet recently but that's about to change in the form of a new 7"ep. Titled Circles it's available on Swedish label PST Records. You can find it here :   http://www.hardandsmart.se/vinyler/no-heart-circles-ep.html

  They've posted a couple of songs from it to Youtube, both really good. The song I'm going with is one of my favourite oi songs of the year, the story of someone who's getting older but ain't settling down. His life is falling apart but he's still a teenager at heart. What I love about it is the guitar sound, I hesitate to say it reminds me a little of a beefed up C-86 sound as I don't want to put any of the boots and braces crowd off but damn it's almost like The Wedding Present on steroids (if David Gedge had swallowed a sack full of gravel). I'm impressed.

  This is Forever Young...

No comments:

Post a Comment