Monday 24 June 2019

Kill The Colossi - Detonator



  Good old Kill The Colossi, you can always rely on them to come up with a catchy as fuck street punk singalong. I was listening to today's song thinking it's not a blatant Clash rip off by any means but it certainly owes them a debt and then it ends with a blatant Tommy Gun drum riff courtesy of ex Gonads drummer Steve Higgins. A great way to finish a great song. It's the Bournemouth band's first outing as a trio, as well as Steve there's Adam Storey (guitars/lead vocals) and Rowan Miles (bass/backing vocals). It bodes well for future releases (they say there's plenty more new stuff in the pipeline). You can get more info here : https://www.facebook.com/killthecolossi/

  It's a song I can imagine hordes of drunken punks dancing around to in a live setting. It's a relationship song which asks should I stay or should I go? (did someone mention The Clash!). Handle with care as this hand grenade is ready to detonate. The best thing I can say about this song is not only does it make me want to dance but it left me grinning ear to ear. It's that good.

  It's called Detonator...

No comments:

Post a Comment