Sunday 7 April 2019

Pizzatramp - I Got Work In The Morning



  Yay!  The new Pizzatramp album, Grand Relapse, is finally out and boy does it rock. It's 15 tracks of fast as fuck skate thrash that'll be turning up on more than a few Best Of 2019 lists. Unlike many hardcore bands though, the Welsh 3 piece aren't trying to take down the state, they're taking the piss out of it instead. They might sing about the rise of the far right, climate change or the systematic destruction of the NHS but they don't come over all po-faced and preachy. That doesn't mean they don't care, they'll tackle the important stuff but they'll have fun doing so. And, as in the case of the song that's featured today, they'll also sing about booze & drugs! It's an adrenaline rush of the highest order and you can get it on picture disc or orange vinyl from TNS Records    https://www.tnsrecords.co.uk/shop/distro/cds/pizzatramp-grand-relapse/

  It's also on Bandcamp : https://tnsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/grand-relapse

  I'll be playing a different song on tonight's Just Some Punk Songs show (https://www.facebook.com/events/2179639002114442/)  but on here I'm posting their new video. Pointing out the dangers of getting wasted on a school night, this is I Got Work In The Morning...


"This one goes out to all the heroes worldwide who go to gigs and clubs and pubs on school nights and still get absolutely fucking off their trees on spirits and pills regardless of the consequences"

lyrics

No pills
No shots
I got work in the morning

No keys
No lines
I got work in the morning

No fun
No life
I got work

Late nights in vans
Guinness in cans
Won't cancel my plans

No gigs
No weed
I got work in the morning

No clubs
No speed
I got work

25 shots 5000 watts I can see spots

I got work 

1 comment: