Tuesday 23 April 2019

Pavid Vermin - I Don't Wanna Be a Ramone



  Whatever your thoughts are on The Ramones you can't deny their influence. Do a google search for Ramonescore and you'll find links to a multitude of bands (some good, some not so good, several great) and it seems that barely a month passes without someone name checking them in a song. This month alone I can think of at least 3 (Cockwomble - Joey Ramone, Latte+ - Hey Hey It's Dee Dees Birthday Today and the song you'll find below), I wouldn't be surprised if there's more. They're long gone but their legacy lives on.

  Pavid Vermin is a new name to me. He's from Rhode Island and he records fuzzy pop punk songs in his bedroom. There's 3 songs on Bandcamp, Braincation, I Wanna Kill Everyone and the one I'm featuring today. All are good and all are name your price so go check them out...   https://pavidvermin.bandcamp.com/

  So today's song, it's Pavid lying through his teeth. Buzzing guitars and lyrics cribbed from some of the Forest Hills' foursome's most famous releases. As he says; "I only make fun of bands that I love. The Ramones are one of the best. I was thinking - are there any "I Don't Wanna" and "I Wanna" song titles left in the pop punk world? I think this is all that's left."  It's called I Don't Wanna Be A Ramone...

   Stop press : I just had a chat with Mr Vermin and it turns out he's been on here before with this song (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2016/12/glenn-robinson-dont-want-to-go.html) and he even chose a Top 10 for me (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2017/02/top-10-songs-chosen-by-glenn-robinson.html). There's a Pavid Vermin album in the works and it's going to be released on Bloated Kat Records at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment