Thursday 11 April 2019

Battery March - No Good Cops



  Unfortunately I know Sweet Fanny Adams about today's band other than...

1)  They're called Battery March
2)  They're from Boston
3)  They recently released a 5 track Demo
4)  They're bloody good

  There's lots of hardcore bands from Boston, I find many sound similar, there definitely seems to be a Boston signature sound. To me, Battery March stand out from the crowd. Whilst still sounding a product of their locale, to me they sound equally influenced by the early 80's UK scene. To be honest, I think I've got a pretty decent ear for good music but I've never been very good at saying why I like it or describing it so you're probably better just downloading the Demo, name your price, and making up your own minds. https://batterymarch.bandcamp.com/album/2019-demo-tape

  This is the lead track and probably my favourite. Underneath the gruff, hardhitting exterior there's a catchy as hell tune kicking and screaming to be heard. It's called No Good Cops...

Show me a good policeman, and I'll show you a rat
Cause 'serve and protect' don't just mean watch your buddy's back
It's right under their eyes, but suddenly they're blind
If you can't police your own backyard then fuck off out of mine
There's no good cops, just bad and worse

Another crooked copper busted but they just turn and shrug
Another racist murder by another blue-shirt thug
From Amadou to Homan Square, Rampart to Johnny Burge
Show me 'law and order' and I'll show you empty words

There's no good cops, just bad and worse
The ones that pull the trigger and the ones that steal your purse
And the ones that look on sadly like there's nothing they can do
Well fuck the thieves, and fuck the killers, and fuck the good cops too




No comments:

Post a Comment