Thursday 24 January 2019

QWAM - Mall


(photo : Cole Giordano)

  Qwam are an "aggressively Joyous" New York 4 piece who's line up features Felicia Lobo (vocals), Matt  Keim (guitar), Eddie Kuspiel (bass) and Rachel Zisette (drums). In 2016 they released the Who Are You Demo and Queen With A Megaphone ep. 2018 saw another ep, it was titled Feed Me, and already 2019 has seen the release of a new single. Best of all, a debut album is coming this spring. You can check out their music here : https://qwam.bandcamp.com/

  Get more info here : https://www.facebook.com/QWAMband/

  The new single bodes well for the album. It's brash, it's bubbly and it's fun. Punk isn't just the domain of grizzzled old timers like myself, there's plenty of exciting new bands breathing fresh air into the genre. Qwam are one of them. I'm writing this at 6.45am (so I can get it posted before I set off for work), it's dark and bloody cold outside but this is one of those songs that brightens up the darkest days. It's called Mall...

I got some really really really bad news 
My feet too big for my brand new shoes 
And I don't know what I'm gonna do 
But I'm going home with my brand new shoes 

Yeah ya, really, really, wanna 

Let’s go to the mall 
Play a little pinball 
Going on the carousel 
And I don’t feel very well 
That boy kinda likes me 
That girl wants to fight me 
I’m gonna eat my french fries 
And find another skirt to buy 

Lets go to the shops 
Gossip til our bodies drop 
Lets find some cds 
And omg some dvds 
Let’s go to the mall 
That’s the place they have it all 
I’m with my friends tonight 
To find another skirt to buy 

Let's go to the mall


No comments:

Post a Comment