Wednesday 16 January 2019

POWERSOLO - Backstab



   I've got a new job with regular 8-5 shifts so whereas before I worked 6-2 or 2-10 and always had time during the day to seek out new music and write these updates my time will be a bit less now but hopefully I can still manage an update every day (and a show every week). Just don't shoot me if I miss days out or post these updates at 7am or other ridiculous times.

  And now to the music.... When I first hit play on this song, last week when it was just one of a bunch of killer new releases that turned up on the Slovenly Recordings Bandcamp page, my thoughts immediately went to 50's and 60's garage rock n rollers such as Nervous Norvous and Legendary Stardust Cowboy. Not just because it's a facsimile of those artists but because it barrelled along with plenty of cool twanging and a fuck you attitude. If I was a decent writer or musical analyst I could no doubt back up my comparison in more detail but it's easier to just let you click the link and decide for yourselves. The song's from the Transfixing Motherfucker ep, it's by POWERSOLO and it's going to be released on 8th February on pink or black vinyl. Pre order here :  https://slovenly.bandcamp.com/album/powersolo-transfixing-motherfucker-ep

  The band are from Aarhus, Denmark, you can check out the eclectic album BO-PEEP which they put out last year here : https://crunchyfrog.bandcamp.com/album/bo-peep and get more info on them here :   https://www.facebook.com/POWERSOLODK/

  Gotta rush now as I have work to go to, just gonna leave you with this beauty, it's called Backstab...



2 comments:

  1. 2PM-12AM here. 40 hours a week. Up the working punks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just about my favourite track!

    ReplyDelete