Thursday 22 November 2018

Westbound Sign - You

 

  With the title of their new 5 track ep being Love Songs For The Queers and their influences including the likes of Pinhead Gunpowder, Riverdales, Lillingtons, Groovie Ghoulies, Green Day, Screeching Weasel etc you might come to the conclusion that Westbound Sign were a pop punk band and do you know what, you'd be pretty much right. They call themselves bubblegum punk but I'm not going to quibble.

  They're a 3 piece from Lawrence, Kansas and line up with Bryce (vocals/guitar), Joey (bass/backing vocals) and Jordan (drums). Check out Facebook for more info... https://www.facebook.com/westboundsignband/

  The ep is available name your price on Bandcamp and you can find it here :  https://westboundsign.bandcamp.com/album/love-songs-for-the-queers

  This is the lead track, it's an all too common tale of unrequited love and it's called You...

You, I always see your face 
How can something so beautiful be part of the human race? 
'Cause you, you always catch my glance 
Day dreaming of the day that you'll take me by the hand 

Thinking about you all the time 
Yeah, you're always on my mind 

You, I see you walking down the hallway 
It's the hundredth time today, just wishing that you would come my way 
Now you, you're pressing up against me 
But then I wake up it's just another fucking dream 

Thinking about you all the time 
Yeah, you're always on my mind 
Finding the courage to come up to you 
Finding the time to say I love you


No comments:

Post a Comment