Thursday 29 November 2018

The Suburban Homes - Magazine Version

 

  The Surburban Homes are the Swell Maps/Desperate Bicycles influenced diy lo-fi punk band that have seen most of their previous releases featured on here and have always gone down very well when I've played them on the show. It seems as though I'm mistaken but I could have sworn the last time I played them I was told they were splitting up. As today's update will prove, this hasn't been the case though looking on Bandcamp it appears as though they've relocated from West Sussex to Gijon, Spain.

  Even though they're one of my favourite bands and I've loved all their releases, I still know next to nothing about them (I'm not even sure if they're actually a band or a solo project so if anyone does have some info please post it in the comments). A lack of knowledge can be forgiven when I can link to the music. The new reord is titled EP 3 and you can find it on 7" vinyl on Neck Chop Records here :  http://www.drunkensailorrecords.co.uk/products/631412-suburban-homes-ep-3-7-neck-chop (UK) https://thesuburbanhomes.bandcamp.com/album/the-suburban-homes-e-p-3 (US)

  Digitally it's on Bandcamp (along with their previous releases) :  https://thesuburbanhomes.bandcamp.com/album/the-suburban-homes-e-p-3

  Originally it was scheduled as their second ever release but problems with In The Red Records saw it put back several times before eventually being pulled. It's now seen the light of day. The band would one day like to release a Spiral Scratch for the modern era and whilst they doubt this is it, it's still a bloody good critique on our "crappy society." This is the lead track, it rails against the current trend to package everything up in shiny plastic. Glossy sells. "Rock n Roll is dead but they'll give you a cozy alternative....a false sense of rebellion" This is Magazine Version...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment