Thursday 25 October 2018

The Биты feat. Maria (Surfinbird) - I Believe in You and Me (Riverdales cover)




  The Биты (The Bity) are from Ukraine and

 

over the course of the last decade and a bit have

 

recorded an impressive amount of music.


Included in their back catalogue are numerous


 tribute albums where they cover songs by a


 wide range of artists including The Ramones,


 The Queers, AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Misfits,


Groovie Ghoulies, GG Allin etc. They've also


 released lots of their own compositions. Their


 most recent album pays tribute to The


 Riverdales, 9 covers including the song you'll


 find below. You can check out those releases


 here :  https://bitytheband.bandcamp.com/ 


  Maria Surfingbird is the bassist/vocalist with Russian band Surfinbird (https://ptica.bandcamp.com/). She's collaborated on the opening track of the Riverdales tribute and the results are a delight.

  Originally on the classic Riverdales 2003 album Phase 3, this is I Believe In You And Me...

Take all the time you want
Take all the time you need
If you follow your heart
I know what your answer will be

I know our love is true
It is plain to see

Oh, I believe in you and me

For those time you are in doubt
For what may lie ahead
When all you think about
Are the worries in your head

I know our love is true
It is plain to see

Oh, I believe in you and me

I always knew we could work it out
In spite of everybody's disbeliefs
That we ever made it here at all?
Well, I believe in you and me

As I get down on my knee
There's nothing bigger, all is great
And sometimes it doesn't hurt
To have a little faith

I went for what is true
I know it's meant to be

Oh, I believe in you and me
I believe in you and me
I believe in you and me 

No comments:

Post a Comment