Thursday 30 August 2018

Uniforms - Get Me Out Of Here



  Uniforms formed in 2011, spent the next 4 years playing over 200 shows and releasing various eps, splits and demos before deciding to call it a day. Refreshed and ready to go again they reformed late last year and have recently released a new ep titled Reasons To Breathe. They hail from Dundee and feature a line up of Derrick (guitar/vocals), Jamie (guitar/vocals), Ade (bass/vocals) and Jason (drums/vocals). You may know Derrick (Johnston) as founder of Make That A Take Records (https://makethatatakerecords.bandcamp.com/).

  To help promote the ep they're currently touring and you can get details of the remaining dates here : https://www.facebook.com/WEAREUNIFORMS/

  The ep features 3 songs, melodic and anthemic it's the sort of music that should appeal to those of you who shed a tear when Bear Trade decided to go their seperate ways. Out now on both Make That A Take Records and TNS you can check it out here :  https://uniforms.bandcamp.com/album/reasons-to-breathe-ep-2

  This is the opening track, it's no doubt going to have their audiences singing along and it's called Get Me Out Of Here...

There is a culture I no longer believe in
Thought police posing as my friends
They’ll tell you who you are, what offends them
They’ll tell you everything ain’t as good as it used to be
Well, well, well...

Well I’m getting out
I’m getting out
Get me outta here!

Maybe we need to learn to listen
Maybe we’ll develop empathy
Don’t tell me who I am, what offends me
I promise you everything’s better than it used to be.
Well, well, well...

Well I’m getting out
I’m getting out
Get me outta here.

Sometimes that’s how it goes
Sometimes you just don’t know
Sometimes you gotta go
Sometimes you gotta go to know
Sometimes, oh sometimes...



No comments:

Post a Comment