Wednesday 15 August 2018

The Hung Ups - This Summer

 

 

  The Hung Ups are a trio from Salt Lake City featuring Josh Recker (vocals/guitar), JD (bass) and Schwenny (drums) who're influenced by The Ramones and by a bunch of bands who followed in their footsteps such as Dear Landlord, Banner Pilot, Screeching Weasel, The Queers etc. They've been around for almost a decade and featured on here last year with a song from the Panic Attack ep (https://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2017/01/hung-ups-make-you-angry.html).

  Last month they returned with a new ep titled Insanity Plea. 5 catchy singalong punk songs that are definitely going to appeal to fans of the of the "Ramonescore" genre but which also have a grittiness and bite that keep them from being too derivative. You can snap it up (along with a fairly impressive back catalogue) name your price on Bandcamp...   https://thehungups.bandcamp.com/album/insanity-plea

  There's a proper video getting released soon for Slipping Away but today I'm highlighting the opening track on the ep. Have you ever been in a situation where the girl of your dreams is with another guy? This is one of those songs, it's called This Summer...

It’s summer why aren’t you here with me? 
There’s no place that I’d rather be 
So take this chance and try something new 
Cuz hanging out with you is all I wanna do 

cuz it's summer and and I wanna be with you 
its a bummer that you like some other dude 
cuz this summers not turning out the way I wanted it to 

summer’s almost over I won’t give in 
I’ll keep chasing you until the end 
You’ll never know if you don’t let me show 
the way I feel and how I won’t let you go


No comments:

Post a Comment