Thursday 9 August 2018

No Doz - Mothballs

 

  Whilst chatting my usual inane bollox on the Just Some Punk Songs show I often comment on how much great music is coming out of Australia at the moment so in a couple of week's or so I'm going to do an Australian punk special. To give you an idea of what to expect, today's song will feature.

  No Doz are from Sydney and they recently self released their debut Self Titled (8 song demo) album. I played one of the songs from it (Swearing Songs For Lovely Ladies) on last week's show and it went down a storm. As well as being a wonderful album, it's also available on Bandcamp "name your price" so go snap it up...  https://nodozpunx.bandcamp.com/album/no-doz  

  I don't know anything about the band though supposedly members also feature in Hostile Objects, Extortion, Chinese Burns Unit, Hellebores, The Optionals, Collapso etc...

  What do they sound like? Uptempo female fronted garage punk is the order of the day. The vocals are shouty, the production is unapologetically rough and ready but the songs are pretty damn catchy and definely worthy of your attention. I look forward to hearing more.

  This is the opening track, I tried to decipher the lyrics so I could post them below but in the end I gave up and just bounced around the room instead. It's called Mothballs...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment