Tuesday 26 June 2018

Real Sickies - Get Well Soon

 

  It's been over 3 years since Real Sickies last featured on Just Some Punk Songs (http://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2015/03/real-sickies-go-away.html). The song I posted was called Go Away and there's a new version of it on their debut album. Before we get to that I'll just mention that they're from Edmonton (Canada) and they've a second new album pencilled in for later this year. More news will no doubt turn up here :  https://www.facebook.com/therealsickies/ 

  The line up of the band is Ben Disaster (vocals), Josh Gero (guitar/vocals), Todd Rocket (bass), Evan Hughes (guitar) and Rob Lawless (drums).

  So the album that came out earlier this month, it's titled Get Well Soon and it features 13 fun tracks. Pretty much every article I've seen compares the band with The Ramones and Teenage Head. I notice there's a Bandcamp tag that describes them as street pop, it's not a bad description. If you're looking for something to impress your neighbours with as it blasts from your open car windows this summer, you could do a lot worse. Check it out here :  https://realsickies.bandcamp.com/album/get-well-soon

  This is the title track, Get Well Soon....

Here we are, another manic Monday 
It’s getting hard to stay awake 
But every time we get away on the weekend 
Still I wish you’d go away 

Don’t know what you want 
But take it all 

Here we are, solitary confinement 
We keep puttin’ up walls 
Everything’s slipping out of alignment 
Can’t seem to get away at all 

Don’t know what you want 
But take it all 
Don’t know what you need 
But I’m beggin’ please… Just go 
I hope you get well soon 
I hope I get well soon

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment