Monday 18 June 2018

Bamboo Vipers - Haunted House



  As Silver Boots, from their previous ep, pretty much blew the roof off regarding viewers to this blog you can imagine how excited I was when I was allowed to give the first play anywhere for the title track from Bamboo Vipers' upcoming new ep. It aired on yesterday's Just Some Punk Songs show and as I have to now wait a week before uploading the saved versions of the shows to Mixcloud (to allow them to be aired a couple of times on Hong Kong station Radio Lantau) I thought I'd better post the song on the blog today.

  The ep is titled Haunted House and it's "out soon" so keep an eye open for it      ( I'm sure Vipers frontman Shaun Morris will probably post news of it's release all over Facebook when it's released!).

  As you may recall from my Silver Boots write up (http://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.com/2018/02/bamboo-vipers-silver-boots.html), the band are from Lymington, are veterans of the UK scene and, as the new ep will demonstrate, are going from strength to strength. You can get more info here : https://www.facebook.com/BambooVipers/

  As mentioned, this is the title track from the ep and my first thought when listening was "it reminds me of The Men Who Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing." No bad thing in my book and another illustration of the band's versitility (don't forget, Silver Boots was a glam rock stomper that reminded me of Suzi Quatro). They're definitely one of the best UK bands around today. Dark arts in the basement, creaking signposts, a tug on the sleeve, strange things occuring and all of them bad, pumpkins, bubbling cauldrons and blood sucking vampires. This is Haunted House....


No comments:

Post a Comment