Sunday 28 January 2018

Nieviem - Fick

 

  Nieviem are a 4 piece punk band from Lincoln (UK). Pronounced Nee-vee-em, the name is derived from the polish for I don't know (Nie Wiem). The band, who formed in 2016 features 3 poles in the line up, Bart Stanczyk (guitar/songwriter), Tomek Tyrlik (drums) and Kuba Piatkowski (bass). On vocals is recent recruit Hope Bateman who joined last May following the departure of founder member Vicky McClelland due to ill health.

  Inspired by 90's era melodic skate punk, they've made all their releases "name your price" on Bandcamp. The most recent of these came out in November, a single called Fick and the mini album (maxi ep?) it's taken from, The Hope Is There. As well as being name your price digitally, the new record is available for £3 on cd and they'll throw in a free Lincolnshire punk compilation.  https://nieviem.bandcamp.com/album/the-hope-is-there

  To find more info, give them a like on Facebook....   https://www.facebook.com/nieviem/

  If you're a fan of catchy, fast punk with female vocals then there's no reason you won't like Nieviem. This is the single and it's called Fick....

Brick by brick, you build yourself a wall
But there’s no stairs, so there is no fall
Stick by stick, you pile them all
One big issue, though your problems are small

You never even tried, but you faked it and cried
And through all the lies, you expect them by your side
Brick by brick and stick by stick
You make me sick, and I think you’re…

Once upon a time becomes twice upon a time
And thrice upon a time becomes fucking forever!
“I’m going for a walk” becomes “I don’t wanna talk”
And if you say you won’t talk, then come to me never!

Quit poking at my spine! I can’t be paralysed!
I won’t give you my time! Cos what would I get?
What gives you the right to try and infect my life?
Don’t you dare waste my time! And you can come to me, never

Hit by hit, you prepare for a fall
They touched you, but they never even hurt you at all
Miss by miss, you keep trying to call
You got the right person, but you threw the wrong ball

You say you’re afraid of being afraid
You claim you’re not made to be untangled and frayed
Hit by hit and miss by miss
You’re aiming quick… Now isn’t that…?

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment