Tuesday 26 December 2017

Bad Sleep - Science Fiction



  Bad Sleep are a female fronted power pop trio from Olympia, Washington. Featuring Lily Richeson (who's been in a number of bands such as Squilll Parasol, Inertia! The Dry County etc) ably backed by Jack & Colter, they released their debut S/T ep in September 2016 and returned a year later with the follow up. It's titled No Fun and you can find it "name your price" here : https://badsleepoly.bandcamp.com/ 

  Their sound is a mash up of infectious pop punk and power pop, their songs are upbeat and catchy despite the lyrics at times being several shades darker.

  This is the closing track from the ep, it's about having somewhere to escape to from the real world and it's called Science Fiction....

I've been doubting myself 
and all of my plans 
Should I stay and remain in one place? 
The politicians on the TV tell me 
It's all my fault I aint got no job I aint doing nothing 
But who needs something? 

My heads gunna rot 
From reading science fiction 
But at least I got 
Another world to live in 

Got not direction 
So I'm walking around 
Up the Hill and back downtown 
I meet a friend on the corner who tells me 
About the cops 
How it's all their fault 
How we need a reaction 
But we're all distracted 

My heads gunna rot 
From reading science fiction 
But at least I got 
Ursula K LeGuin


No comments:

Post a Comment