Friday 23 June 2017

Mobina Galore - Vancouver



  Mobina Galore are a "vocally aggressive power chord punk duo" from Winnipeg, Canada. The line up features Jenna Priestner (vocals/guitar) and Marcia Hanson (drums/vocals). They've been together since 2011 and list amongst their influences the likes of The Distillers, Propagandhi, Desaparecidos, Against Me! etc...

  Earlier this year they released a new album called Feeling Disconnected. It's available on New Damage Records and Gunner Records and you can check it out here : https://mobinagalore.bandcamp.com/album/feeling-disconnected

  In support of the album they'll be touring North America and you can find details here : https://www.facebook.com/mobinagaloremusic/

  From the new album, this is Vancouver.....


Trying hard to fill a void but I’m just lying to myself 
It seems I’m dying on the inside you know I’m looking for some help 
I wonder why I’m sitting here when I know I don’t belong 
Disconnected from this moment, didn’t think it’s feel this wrong 

I was a kid when I was smart enough to know what I wanted 
When I was 18 I was told that I had always been wrong 
I’ve got a list to get through but I’m still waiting in line 
I keep being given a chance I choose the same thing every time 

WHOA! I HEAR VANCOUVER CALLING 
WHOA! I HEAR VANCOUVER CALLING 
I’VE GOTTA RUN IF I’M GONNA GET WHERE I’M GOING, I HEAR VANOCUVER CALLING 
I CAN’T STAY LONG BUT I’LL DO THE BEST WITH MY TIME TO MAKE THE LIFE I WANTED 

My anxiety distracts me from reality 
I’m driving across this province like a zombie it’s not safe for me 
Or you or anyone involved in the situation 
Can I pull over draw the curtains curl up in the back seat? 

WHOA! I HEAR VANCOUVER CALLING 
WHOA! I HEAR VANCOUVER CALLING 
I’VE GOTTA RUN IF I’M GONNA GET WHERE I’M GOING, I HEAR VANOCUVER CALLING 
I CAN’T STAY LONG BUT I’LL DO THE BEST WITH MY TIME TO MAKE THE LIFE I WANTED 
WHOA! I HEAR VANCOUVER CALLING 

There’s comfort in these walls, they’ve taken me this far, I won’t let it bring me down 
Won’t bring me down, not tonight, won’t bring me down 

WHOA! I HEAR VANCOUVER CALLING 
WHOA! I HEAR VANCOUVER CALLING 
I’VE GOTTA RUN IF I’M GONNA GET WHERE I’M GOING, I HEAR VANOCUVER CALLING 
I CAN’T STAY LONG BUT I’LL DO THE BEST WITH MY TIME TO MAKE THE LIFE I WANTED 
WHOA! I HEAR VANCOUVER CALLING 
WHOA! I HEAR VANCOUVER CALLING 
WHOA! I HEAR VANCOUVER CALLING



No comments:

Post a Comment