Thursday 3 November 2016

Murder Cow - Your Vote Doesn't Count



  Those of you who remember the feature I did a while ago on Braindead Records will hopefully be pleased to discover that they've just unleashed their latest release. It's by a new band from St Louis, Missouri called Murder Cow which features a few people who may be familiar to you if you've been following the label. The line up comprises Neil Diamond Phillips (bass), Jerry Mander (drums), Kenny Joslen (guitar) and Todd Parker (guitar/vocals).

  Titled Your Vote Doesn't Count, the new ep is 6 tracks of breakneck political hardcore punk that is dedicated to the memory of comedian George Carlin. Handily timed to coincide with the US presidential election, it's a scathing critique of a range of interconnected targets including the voting system, mass media, government and big business. As always with Braindead releases, you can get it "name your price" here : https://braindead-records.bandcamp.com/album/your-vote-doesnt-count

  This is the title track, it's short and to the point and it's called Your Vote Doesn't Count.....

I hope you feel satisfied 
To cast a vote and close your eyes 
Pretending that you matter on this Earth 

Men with power call the shots 
But they give you a ballot box 
To trick you into thinking you have worth 

That won't pacify me 
So don't even try me 
I'm not as stupid as you seem to think I am 

If you want something different 
You won't get it through their system 
I reject my civic duty and their master plan 

Your vote doesn't count


1 comment: