Sunday 10 July 2016

The Mongrolls - Waitress In The Sky



  It's been pretty much a year since we last heard from The Mongrolls. It was the beginning of August 2015 that they teased us with a couple of tracks "from the forthcoming release "Smell The Glove Compartment." Then in November we learnt that they were in the studio again, "Smell The Glove Compartment may be out next year....."  And still no signs of activity.

  Until yesterday when Greg Mongroll posted a couple of new tunes. "I figured I better put something out since the last two Mongrolls releases have been set back for nearly 3 years!" Those new tunes? They're both covers of songs by legendary Minneapolis rockers The Replacements, they were recorded "a couple of nights ago" and you can check them out on this digital single..... https://themongrolls.bandcamp.com/album/replaced

  It's been 10 years now that The Mongrolls have been releasing diy, scuzzed up garage/power pop gems. Hopefully it won't be too long into their second decade before we're smelling that glove compartment.

  This is Waitress In The Sky......

She don't wear no pants and she don't wear no tie

Always on the ball, she's always on strike


Struttin' up the aisle, big deal you get to fly


You ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky


You ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky


Paid my fare, don't wanna complain

You get to me always outta champagne


Treat me like a bum, don't wear no tie


'Cause you ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky


You ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky


And the sign says, 'Thank you very much for not smoking'

My own sign says, 'I'm sorry, I'm smokin''


Don't treat me special, oh don't kiss my ass


Treat me like the way they treat 'em up in first class


1 comment: