Sunday 31 July 2016

Revenge Of The Psychotronic Man - I Wanna Be A Spaceman

"From out there on the Moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, 'Look at that, you son of a bitch.'

Edgar Mitchell 


  Hailing from Manchester, Revenge Of The Psychotronic Man are a "very fast" hardcore punk band who are influenced by the likes of Zeke, Kid Dynamite, Dead Kennedys, Ramones, The Steal. As well as being fast, loud and heavy they also liberally sprinkle Alan Partridge-esque humour into the mix.

  They've been around since 2004, their music, including new album Colossal Velocity (out now on 5FeetUnder Records), can be checked out here : http://revengeofthepsychotronicman.bandcamp.com/.

  They're touring the UK pretty much non stop for the rest of the year so try and check them out (I've got the Lancaster gig on 26th Nov pencilled in).

  This is the video for one of the albums slower tracks (and by slower I mean still pretty damn fast by most peoples standards), I Wanna Be A Spaceman......

I wanna be a spaceman, riding a rocketship 
I wanna be a spaceman, NASA can pay for it 
I wanna be a spaceman, cruising the galaxy 
I wanna be a spaceman, make it happen for me 
  
Richard Branson wants to have a go, but I'm well better as you will know 
Send me into outer space, to put a big smile on my face 
  
I wanna be a spaceman, discovering aliens 
I wanna be a spaceman, I think we would be friends 
I wanna be a spaceman, representing mankind 
I wanna be a spaceman, wonder what I would find 
  
Don't try to destroy my dreams, unqualified though I may seem 
Hurtling throughout the stars, starting a colony on Mars 




No comments:

Post a Comment