Thursday 3 March 2016

Top 10 Songs Chosen By Marky Kobane
































                                                        photo by

James Whitlock



  A couple of weeks ago I posted a song about how the death of the various members of The Ramones was more heartbreaking than that of close friends. It was called That Day, it was by The Kobanes and it proved rather popular (http://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/kobanes-that-day.html). It was taken from the excellent new album, Lethal Injection, and if you want to check it out, it's "name your price" on Bandcamp ;  https://kobanes.bandcamp.com/

  Today I'm pleased to be bringing you a top 10 by vocalist/guitarist Marky Kobane. Marky says "I don't really have a specific choice for any song, just what I thought best represented some of my favourite/inspirational bands. These bands/songs hold a very nostalgic place in my heart. I probably could have done 20 or 30 bands easily."

  If, like me, you love old school pop punk, you're in for a treat. Thanks for the list Marky......



 1)  THE LILLINGTONS - don't trust humanoids






 2)  THE MANGES - blame game





 3)  GROOVIE GHOULIES - (she's my) vampire girl





 4)  THE MR T EXPERIENCE - ba ba ba ba ba 





 5)  RAMONES - i don't want to grow up





 6)  THE DICKIES - killer klowns from outer space




 7)  LOS STRAIGHTJACKETS - rokula






 8)  THE RIVERDALES - wait it out





 9)  SCREECHING WEASEL - dingbat





10)  THE QUEERS - you're tripping



No comments:

Post a Comment