Friday 30 October 2015

Night Birds - Golden Age of TV

 
  I think it would be remiss of me if I didn't eventually get round to posting a song from one of the best albums of 2015. Released a month ago, Mutiny At Muscle Beach by Night Birds "brims with an epileptic energy that defies the listener to sit still."  It's the sort of album you'll be playing in the car and without realising it your foot will be pressing down harder on the accelerator than might be wise, an album that zips by and prompts you to leave it to play through again.

  Last year I posted one of their older songs (Thrilling Murder) and I think if you compare it with the new disc you'll agree that time (and signing to Fat Wreck Chords) certainly hasn't led to a toning down of their frenetic, tuneful aggression.... http://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/night-birds-thrilling-murder.html.

  It's not easy selecting a favourite song from the album, they're pretty much all favourites but I'll go with Golden Age Of Tv......

No comments:

Post a Comment