Friday 2 October 2015

Against All Authority - Above The Law



Another classic today, if only all songs were this good.

  Against All Authority formed in Miami, Florida in 1992 and for around 15 years combined hardcore, punk and ska to great effect. Influenced by the likes of the Dead Kennedys and The Subhumans as well as reggae artists such as Bob Marley and Dennis Brown , they wrote politically and socially motivated anthems and had a stringent d.i.y. ethos.

  They released 4 great albums (Destroy What Destroys You, All Fall Down, 24 Hour Roadside Resistance, The Restoration Of Chaos & Order) and a number of splits with the likes of Less Than Jake, Anti Flag, The Pist, The Criminals and Common Rider.

  The song that I'm posting today is the title track from their debut ep. Vocalist Danny Lore relates a tale of police harassment and it's bloody consequences, this is Above The Law.....


Couldn't get in the show
Hangin' out in the street
We had nowhere to go
In the Miami heat
We were just kickin' the shit
We were just out havin' fun
We didn't bother no one
Four punks in a park
A big stick in your hand
It was late it was dark
You had to prove your a man
You wear your badge with pride
A gun close by your side
You're just a pig motherfucker
Just a pig
Above the law
You motherfucker
You think you're big
You're fuckin' nothing but a pig
You like to push us around
That's how you have your fun
You're the law in this town
You answer to no one
You swore to serve and protect
But who protects us from you
From me you'll get no respect
It's time to pay your dues
I think back to that night
Out in the cold dark street
I should have put up a fight
But my revenge will be sweet
You pushed too far this time
And I've committed no crime
You're gonna die pig
You're gonna die
In the shadows I hide
A blade close by my side
Under a blanket of night
I keep myself out of sight
Feel my blade at your throat
Now on your own blood you'll choke
Your wound pours out in a flood
I slip and slide on your blood
Your body drops with a thud
I push your face in the mud



No comments:

Post a Comment