Monday 22 June 2015

Violent Affair - Trapped Like Rats

 

  Today I'm bringing you some brand new and really rather wonderful "Fast As Fuck Punk-Rock" from Oklahoma City.

  Violent Affair have been stoking the flames of rebellion since 2009. They play fast yet catchy street punk which reminds me of The Casualties at their best, other influences they mention include Krum Bums, Clit 45 and The Pinkerton Thugs.

  The band comprises of Dave Affair (vocals), The Jesse Machine (guitar), Tony Cozzaglio (bass), Dom The Destroyer (guitar) and Ryan Violence (drums). Seasoned musicians all, they've also featured in a number of other bands including The Rippers, The Violence and The Costellos.

  Their debut release was 2009's self released Armageddon ep and this was followed a year later by debut album, Stand Trial. Since then, Jailhouse Records have released the Call To Arms 7", The Pressure Is Rising ep and album number 2, The Cockroach Theory.

  The song I'm posting today is from the newly self released ep Anthems Of Defiance In A Dying World Volume 1. It's the first of a planned 5 eps in the series which will eventually make up a full length album. If every installment is this good we're in for a treat. You can check it out here : http://violentaffair.bandcamp.com/album/anthemsof-defiance-in-a-dying-world-vol-1-denial/ .

  I recently posted the link on the new punk music group on Facebook and it seemed to go down very well (and rightly so). Strap in, this is one of the best songs of 2015, it's called Trapped Like Rats.....


does every day have to be the same?
I've got half a mind to put a bullet in my brain
I'm sick to death of the same old shit
its like I'm running in place and it makes me sick
does anyone else here feel the same way
like your staring at the world through bars on a cage
so I'm climbing up the walls and I'm pacing all around
like a rat in a cage and i wanna get out!

trapped like rats we're trapped like rats

we're trapped likes rats in a cage
dreaming of the day we escape
now we're spreading like the plague
these rats will rule the world some day

does everything have to frustrate me?
I get angrier every time that I blink
I'm so fed up with everything that I see
its like the whole fucking world is out to get me
does anyone else here seem to relate
or am I all alone imprisoned by my rage
so I'm biding my time and plotting everyday
just a rat in a cage and I wanna break free

trapped like rats we're trapped like rats

we're trapped likes rats in a cage
dreaming of the day we escape
now we're spreading like the plague
these rats will rule the world some day

plotting every day and we wanna break free

No comments:

Post a Comment