Wednesday 15 October 2014

The Insults - Her Daddy Was An S.S. Man



  Most days I don't know what I'm going to post until I actually sit down in front of my pc. I've a number of potential songs saved ready to use as updates but several of them have been sitting around unused for ages. Often though, as is the case today, a song that I add to the "to do" list will only be there for a few days before being chosen. Today I sat down and thought, "I want to listen to something raw, upbeat and maybe a little trashy," and so that's what you're going to get.
  The Insults formed in the late 70's in Watsonville, California and featured, at one time or another, Ronnie Rat (vocals), Brendon T (vocals), Richard Shively (aka Richard Sikk) (guitar, backing vocals), Johnny Tomaro (bass), Brian F (bass, backing vocals) and Richard W (drums). They released a couple of singles (Population Zero and Stiff Love) and that was more or less it. Since then the tracks have shown up on various Killed By Death compilations and Last Laugh reissues but possibly most interesting there was an album of previously unreleased material called Insults To Injury which was belatedly released in 1999 and it's from this disc that today's song comes. This is Her Daddy Was An S.S. Man.....



No comments:

Post a Comment