Tuesday 16 September 2014

Top 10 Songs Chosen By The Number Ones......



Every so often I ask an artist or band that I really like if they'd like to contribute a list of their favourite 10 songs, sometimes there's no reply but occasionally people are kind enough to go to the trouble of compiling a chart. The recent (debut) album by Dublin's The Number Ones is looking likely to be my favourite of the year (I highly recommend you check it out if you haven't heard it yet : http://staticshockrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-number-ones )  so I asked the band's Sean Goucher for his list, he agreed but fellow member Eddie Kenrick ended up doing it so I'm classing it as a joint effort. The selections weren't numbered so I'll put 1-10 as they were listed......

1)  Toy Love - Don't Ask Me

2)  Sort Sol (ft. Lydia Lunch) - Boy/Girl

3)  Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love

4)  Stiv Bators - Make Up Your Mind

5)  The Love Triangle - Secret Grip

6)  Crisis - UK 78

7)  Primetime - Tied Down

8)  Blitz - Solar

9)  The Now - Into The 80's

10) Wire - Fragile

I've already posted the Toy Love track here ( http://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/top-10-songs-chosen-by-angelo-ruggiero.html ) when it was part of Angelo Ruggiero's top 10 so I'm going to pick Fragile by Wire as song of the day. Thank you to Sean and Eddie for their efforts......

Tears fall in slivers,
you broke my shades,
the light too bright,
let me bury my heart.

Filter emotions of greens,
cowardice gives blue,
a restricted view,
let me open my heart.

I have a fleeting love,
scorching when it lands,
fragile,
needing precious hands,
fragile.

You eat my energy,
give me more rope,
Nail in the wall,
let me hang my heart.

I have a fleeting love,
scorching when it lands,
fragile,
needing precious hands,
fragile.


No comments:

Post a Comment