Saturday 9 August 2014

Idiot Talk - Girls Hate Me



This week I seem to have been zipping back and forth between the USA and Britain with my updates and I think that even though there's a decent amount of quality music from elsewhere in the world in this blog, I really should try a little harder to find and then post more. Today I can do that as I've been slapped around the face by a great self titled album from Idiot Talk. I know very little about them; they're from Lille, France. It's claimed that they play 80's hardcore punk rock with some '77 hints (though to me they just seem to grab all the best bits of punk music, the upbeat tempo, the power, the catchy tunes, the enthusiasm etc and blend them all together into something infectious that leaves you gagging for more). A demo in 2010 was followed up the following year by the release of a self titled ep  which you can get free here : http://buildmeabombrecords.bandcamp.com/album/self-titled-ep-2 . 2011 also saw the release of a split ep with Germany's Napoleon Dynamite. Taking things up a level, 2013 brought us the aforementioned st album which is also free.... http://buildmeabombrecords.bandcamp.com/album/self-titled

This song is called Girls Hate Me and it's gonna get you off your ass and bouncing round the room whilst grinning like a loon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment